With so many aspects of business that demand your attention, print equipment might not even be on your radar, however, the type of equipment you choose has a direct impact on the productivity, workflow, and efficiency of your office. The best way to make the right decision, is to make an informed decision, starting with learning the differences between a copier and a multifunction printer (MFP), and knowing which one is the best fit for your workgroup.
The office copier is iconic. Often housed in its own room, in years past it was a gathering place for employees while they waited in line to copy their documents. The copier of today still requires a dedicated space, but is much more efficient, feature rich, and streamlined than ever before.
- Laser technology produces high quality images, and many print jobs that were once outsourced can now be performed in house.
- Copiers have the ability to handle more paper sizes than ever before.
- Finishing features may include: stapling, collating, three hole punching, booklet making and more.
Multifunction printers, or all-in-one devices, take the place of three or more machines in one compact unit. Most are able to copy, print, scan, and fax, although there is a wide range of performance standards which can take resolution and print speeds from mediocre to magnificent.
- A smaller footprint makes the MFP the perfect machine for offices of all sizes.
- Cost savings with purchasing, maintaining, and repairing one machine, versus three or four single use machines.
- Some MFPs are capable of performing more than one task at a time, to increase efficiency.
- Cloud and networking capabilities make communicating a breeze.
Let us help you choose the office equipment that is right for you based on your needs and budget.