There are a number of ways in which you can connect your copier to your computer. If it is just one computer, the it can be connected via USB. If you’re sharing your copier amongst a number of computers, the copier can be connected via your network, to allow every user in the company to print and scan wirelessly. By connecting your photocopier to your network your IT Manager or IT provider has more control over its functions and can monitor the machine more easily.
As part of Bizcopier installation and training process, your machine will be networked and connected to all devices that are on-site on the day of installation. The network and training team will be on hand to help you get the printer working via Ethernet connection. They will run through the following steps:
1. Turn the copier off
2. Connect the Ethernet cable to the LAN port on the connection panel of the copier
3. Connect the other side of the cable into one of the open ports on your network switch. You will have to position the copier close to a network port for it to be networked.
4. Turn on the copier
5. Turn on your computer and connect to your network
6. Install the printer driver for the specified photocopier.
7. Enter the ‘Control Panel’, open the ‘Network and Sharing Centre’ and click the name of the copier to access this device on your network.
Once these steps have been completed on all laptops, desktops and mobile devices, you will be able to use your networked copier from any linked computer, laptop or mobile device without having to directly connect it, making it incredibly efficient. Our network and training team will then provide your staff with full training, ensuring that everyone is able to use the copier efficiently.